Monday 12 July 2010

Toy Story 3


I waited 11 years for this movie, really. 11 years is maybe a bit much but this is probably the movie I've been waiting the most since I heard that it was going to be made.  

You must have noticed that I haven't grown up and that I love animated movies or so called "children movies". It happens that Toy Story 3 isn't a movie made for children. Toy Story 3 was made for people like me, kids that watched Toy Story 1,  15 years ago. (I'm old!!!!) Most of the Toy Story fans are going though or have just gone though  what Andy is going now: getting in the university and leaving childhood behind. That's how the story starts.

Andy is 17 now and he's leaving to the university and he needs to clean up his bedroom.  See whaich toys he'll take with him to the university, which he'll keep in the attic and which he'll donate. He decides to take Woody with him and keep all the rest but accidentally his toys get thrown in the garbage, Woody goes for his toy box friends rescue but when he gets there they have alredy scaped and they're thinking that Andy has decided to dispose of them, so they decide to go to Sunnyside Daycare. 

When they get there, they get a warm welcome from the toys. Their leader Lotso tells them that not having an owner is much better, the children of the daycare centre are always replaced by other children and they'll always have someone to play. They'll never be abandoned again. Woody decides to try to go back to Andy's house and ends up kidnapped by a little girl called Bonnie. So Andy's toys are send to the younger children's class and that means that they start to get tortured. (believe me, that's torture for toys, I see 1 to 4 years olds playing everyday and I know how the toys "suffer" haha) Buzz decides to scape and gently ask Lotso to replace them into a class with older children but he finds out about Lotso's evil plan and ends up getting rebooted and starts to think he's a space ranger again. Meanwhile Woody is in Bonnie's house and discovers about Lotso's story. So he scapes from Bonnie's house to help his friends to scape from the Daycare. 

Well, the movie has some details and dialogs that are really not meant for children. Barbie and Ken are an exemple. Spanish Buzz is simply HILARIOUS.  The story is sutil, beautiful really.  This movie touched me right from the first scene. I was seing something from my childhood in big screen again. I knew I was going to cry, everybody knew that. And so I did. By the end of the movie a boy that was sitting in front of me was  staring at me with a face that told me "Why is this crazy young lady crying like this?" and one question was hanging in the air: What toys will you dig out from your attic?

1 comentários:

Bina Simon said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
skip bin hire yeerongpilly