Sunday 28 November 2010

God help me, I'm 22!

I have never been afraid of age, I always liked birthdays, not celebrating my birthday is almost an abomination for me. But recently I've been feeling a bit old (yes, I realize I'm not old at all)

But I am now, able to remember and talk about things that happened over 10 years ago. I've been saying the sentences "When I was your age..." or "In my good old days.." a lot. Maybe it only means that I live around younger people, maybe it means nothing at all.

Still, the more time goes by, the more I dislike the present. I just has no appeal, no glamour, no nothing. Maybe I'm just too retro. Maybe, that's why people think I'm pretty much older than I'm really am. 

Probably I'm just a drama queen! LOL
p.s. I'm looking for inspiration for writing the HP7 review. ;)

2 comentários:

Mira said...

Sorry for being late here. Happy birthday!

I had no idea it was your birthday... I rarely visit Facebook these days, and it's the only place where I have a calender of people's birthdays. I feel bad now.

You are not old... But yes, the whole "back in my days" thing can make you feel old.

You know what makes me feel old? Realizing all those songs that were popular in my early teens (early 90s) were recorded around 15 years ago and are now considered retro!

Nana Noleto said...

Don't worry ;)

That happens to me too!!! Some days ago I was watching MTVBrazil and it was completing 20 years of existence. They did a top 10 videos of each year since the begining and I got that feeling watching them.

Got also another feeling: decandence! The early 90's had something, they were alredy not that good but they were interesting. 1998/1999 was total decadence, top videos: Britney Spears, Nsync, BSB etc...