Sunday 19 December 2010

Sampa

I'm on my holidays, at last! And I finally managed to travel a bit, I spent my last week in São Paulo. It was wonderful! I've been there once but I wasn't able to get to know the city. 
I visited to museums, parks, japanese neighborhood, markets, I walked around at night, I met an online friend, I took the subway (never did that before, I'm such a redneck!)
You can breath diversity, of people, of colours, of scents, of races! You can breath culture! It's a great big mess, but somehow it's organized and everything works its way. It rains (almost) everyday, all day, it is hot in the summer, freezing in the winter and cool in the autumn. It rained everyday when I was there, it didn't bothered me. Actually, I was happy about it.
Of course I didn't stay enough to see it's problems and it's issues. Nevertheless, comming back to boring hometown was hard.

2 comentários:

Mira said...

Glad to hear about your Holiday and the great time you had. :)

One question: that picture, is it São Paulo?

It looks a lot like Novi Beograd:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c4/NoviBG_Jan23_2005.jpg

Nana Noleto said...

Yes, this photo was taken in São Paulo.

I think Novi Beograd is quite more organized. São Paulo is a mess (a beautiful mess, IMO) You may find Brasília much more like Novi Beograd

http://eduvaldoski.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/vista-brasilia.jpg