Wednesday 13 January 2010

The best animated films of the 2000's

I'm still on the list mood. I wasn't capable to put the animation movies along with the other ones because some animated movies are REALLY better than those movies I listed on the last post. So I have chosen 10 animation movies and I'm sorry to tell that I haven't watched The Princess and the Frog yet, and according to my brother, if I had, it would be on this list.

10. Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of The Were-Rabbit (2005)
It's a kick in the ass of those who say that british humor isn't funny. I love Gromit, he doesn't speak but he's very very expressive.


9. The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
 I remember I couldn't stop laughing at the theatre.




8. Beowulf (2007)
1st. I might be wrong and I don't mind but performance-capture ends up being animation to me. So in here they took the greatest epic-poem in the medieval literature and made an fantastic movie. Epic! Special comments to the cast here, great job.



7. Lilo & Stitch (2002)
Hawaii, Elvis, strange scientific experiences and aliens. Sounds odd? It is but it worths every minute.



6. Brother Bear (2003)
It isn't hard for me to leave a movie theatre crying but my boyfriend was holding his tears too. Great road-movie. Great soundtrack by Phill Collins. (Disney is always impecable in this aspect). Great plot.



5. Kung Fu Panda (2008)
Aww... Come on! Jack Black is priceless here!!! The Panda looks just like him!



4. Finding Nemo (2003)
If there were roads on the sea I would call this a road-movie. LOL Anyway it's about a journey and it's just amazing. I think I liked this movie that much because I felt just like Nemo back then.



3. Spirited Away (2002)
This is just beautiful. It's Hayao Miyazaki's masterpiece.


2. Up (2009)
But it's a TALKING DOG!!! Nothing more to say.




1. Wall-e (2008)
Well... I'm in love with PIXAR since I first watched Toy Story, about 10 years ago. There isn't a single PIXAR movie that I don't like but this... this is just their masterpiece. How? Just tell me how could a little robot like that be so expressive? How can a film with whole 15 minutes of almost absolute silence keep lots of kids - and adults - quiet? I have no idea, I just know that this movie is just amazing.



3 comentários:

Mira said...

I haven't seen all of these films (still have to watch "Up" or "Spirited away", for example).

To me, the best animated films of the decade are "The Triplets of Belleville" (Belleville Rendez-vous) and "Ratatouille".

PS-Princess and the Frog is a good film. Not one of Disney's best (it's not as good as those movies made in 90s), but it's Disney's best in years.

brittanymlemay said...

I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. buy dvd modern family season 9

Gary T. Thomas said...

Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. buy dvd will and grace the revival season 1